THE PARISH GAMES
Organised by Wychavon Parish Games Association – Competition and Community Coming Together
Sponsored by The Bait Box, 122 High Street, Evesham WR11 4EJ
Saturday 16th September 2023 on the River Avon, Evesham
Draw to be held at 8.30am – Fish from 10.00am to 3.00pm
- A Team shall consist of Three Players (Anglers), although a Team may consist of fewer than Three.
- Anglers must be a minimum of 12 years of age and must be able to swim. All contestants are to be in possession of an Environment Agency Fishing Rod Licence. Licenses for 12-16-year-olds are free of charge
- All Anglers must reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing. This is because it is an Inter-Parish Competition. Where a player resides between more than one Wychavon Parish or Ward, they may only play for the Parish or Ward in which they predominantly reside. Appearing on the electoral roll for a Parish does not in itself constitute residency. If it is found that an Angler does not reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing, all points gained by the team in that event will be forfeited.
- Each Captain shall fill his/her Team in on the match sheet prior to the start. This must include the full postal address of each team player and must be handed to a member of the Executive Committee or the Organiser before the competition starts.
- The competition will be fished on a Team basis on the waters of the River Avon. Meet at Hampton Café.
- Parish Captains must confirm to the Secretary, Sue Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org – 01905 841269 between Saturday 2nd September 2023 and Saturday 9th September 2023 that they will be taking part. No confirmation should be made before 2nd September.
- If a Parish or Ward has entered but does not then take part, the Parish or Ward will be deducted 2 points unless the Parish Captain or Parish Organiser has given the Secretary, Sue Collins – 01905 841269 email@example.com a minimum of 48 hours’ notice of non-participation.
- Any Government rules re Covid in place at the time must be adhered to.
- The river will be split into 3 sections. The Angler catching the most weight of fish in each section will be awarded One Point, the second Two and so on. The winning Parish will be that with the lowest number of points. Where points are equal, placings will be decided by the weight of fish caught by each Parish.
- Disabled anglers can be accommodated. However, the need for an accessible peg must be stated on the entry form.
Rules of Fishing
- All contestants are to be in possession of an Environment Agency Fishing Rod Licence.
- Keep nets for retaining fish shall be a minimum length of 6 foot by 18-inch diameter (183mm x 46mm).
- Fish of all species may be weighed in with the exception of Game Fish and Pike.
Please Note. A Pike may be retained and kept in a second keep net but will not be weighed in.
- Competitors shall fish with 1 Rod, 1 Line and 1 Hook only. Spare Rods/Pole may be ready for use and to hand on the bank.
Artificial bait and live bait are not permitted.
- Before the Starting Signal, no competitor must on any account groundbait or loose feed the swim, but will be allowed to wet a line, plumb the depth and test the float, mix and wet groundbait, clear his/her ground of weed or obstruction and position his/her equipment.
- On no account must a feeder be used before the Starting Signal. A ledger weight may be cast to find depth and distance etc. An Angler will have 20 minutes to land a fish after the All-Out Signal.
- Any protest must be submitted by the Team Captain, to the Secretary, Sue Collins, within SEVEN DAYS of the match in dispute – contact details below.
Please Note: Although ‘a pot’ is organised, this is purely voluntary and no Angler should be put off entering because of this.
Parking Fees are payable at Evesham Town Waters. A Pay and Display Machine is in situ.