2023 Bell Boating
THE PARISH GAMES
Organised by Wychavon Parish Games Association – Competition and
Community Coming Together
Sponsored by: MALCOLM LIMRICK
Saturday 17th June 2023 at
Evesham Rowing Club, Abbey Rd, Evesham WR11 4ST
Registration 12 noon, First Race at 12.30pm
- Crew consists of Six Members.
- All Crew Members must reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing. This is because it is an Inter-Parish Competition. Where a player resides between more than one Wychavon Parish or Ward, they may only play for the Parish or Ward in which they predominantly reside. Appearing on the electoral roll for a Parish does not in itself constitute residency. If it is found that a Crew Member does not reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing, all points gained by the team in that event will be forfeited.
- Each Captain shall bring with him/her a list of all team members. This must include the full postal address of each team member and must be handed to the Organiser before the competition starts.
- Crew members can be of any age. Please note that the event will run alongside a Community Regatta very much for all ages and abilities so competitors are welcome to invite friends and family along and stay for the day if they wish. Food will be on sale at the Rowing Club.
- If smaller Parishes are unable to make up a full crew, they can combine to make up the numbers, with the points being shared in proportion to the number of people from each Parish.
- Teams can be mixed. Parishes can enter more than one team, but only the higher-placed team can gain points for their Parish.
- Racing will be over a distance of approximately 200m, with preliminary rounds to seed the crews, then semi-finals and finals. The format of the competition (number of rounds and finals) will be determined by the number of entries, but crews will be given as many races as possible.
- All equipment is provided at the regatta.
- If a Parish or Ward has entered but does not then take part, the Parish or Ward will be deducted 2 points unless the Parish Captain or Parish Organiser has given the event organiser a minimum of 48 hours’ notice of non-participation.
- Any Government rules re Covid in place at the time must be adhered to.
- Any protest must be submitted by the Team Captain, to the Secretary, Sue Collins, within SEVEN DAYS of the race in dispute – contact details below.
Parishes are welcome to have practice sessions. Contact Andy Train on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07722125350.
Hill & Moor
Norton & Lenchwick
Time in Relevant Final