THE PARISH GAMES
Organised by Wychavon Parish Games Association – Competition and Community Coming Together
Sponsored by: PERSHORE BOWLS CENTRE
Unit 5bc, Pershore Trading Estate, Pershore WR10 2DD – 01386 552411
Sunday 6th August 2023
At Pershore Bowling Club, Abbey Park, Pershore
Starting at 9.30am
- A Team shall consist of Four Players and can be Men, Ladies or Mixed. If a Parish can only field 3 Players the Lead will play 3 Bowls, the Number Two will play 3 Bowls and the Skip will play 2 Bowls – but they will forfeit 25% of their score in each game.
Minimum age 11 years.
Each Parish may only enter one Team.
Substitutes will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances.
- All Players must reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing. This is because it is an Inter-Parish Competition. Appearing on the electoral roll for a Parish does not in itself constitute residency. If it is found that a Player does not reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing, all points gained by the team in that event will be forfeited.
- Each Captain shall bring with him/her a list of all team members. This must include the full postal address of each team member and must be handed to the Organiser before the competition starts.
- The event shall be conducted under Bowls England rules and regulations (with the exception of rule 1 above).
- Casual dress allowed. Flat rubber soled footwear is mandatory.
- The format for the event will depend on the number of entries. Refreshments and a licensed bar will be available, and a raffle may be held.
- Parish Captains must confirm to Ron Eagle, Secretary of Pershore Bowling Club between Sunday 22nd July 2023 and Sunday 29th July that they will be taking part. email@example.com. Tel 07808 946978. Confirmation must not be confirmed before Sunday 22nd July
- If a Parish or Ward has confirmed to Ron Eagle that they will take part, but then does not take part, the Parish or Ward will be deducted 2 points.
- Pershore Bowling Club is happy to lend woods to Parishes who need these. However, these must be ordered when Parish Captains ring to confirm their attendance. Woods may not be available on the day.
- Any protest must be submitted to the Secretary – Sue Collins – within SEVEN days of the match in dispute – contact details below.
Pershore St Andrews
Hill & Moor
Late withdrawals: Little Comberton -2 and Pebworth -2