THE PARISH GAMES
Organised by Wychavon Parish Games Association – Competition and Community Coming Together
Sponsored by: GLASSIER WINDOWS
Worcester Road, Drakes Broughton, Pershore WR10 2AG
- All Teams shall consist of a minimum of Three Pairs.
- All Players must reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing. This is because it is an Inter-Parish Competition. Where a Player resides between more than one Wychavon Parish or Ward, they may only play for the Parish or Ward in which they predominantly reside. Appearing on the electoral roll for a Parish does not in itself constitute residency. If it is found that a Player does not reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing, all points gained by the team in that event will be forfeited.
- Each Captain shall provide two copies of the names and addresses of their team members; this must include the full postal address of each team member. One of these should be retained by the Home Captain for the duration of this year’s Games, and the other should be retained by the Away Captain for the duration of this year’s Games. Matches must not start until both Team Captains have completed their lists.
- If a Parish or Ward has entered but does not then take part, the Parish or Ward will be deducted 2 points unless the Parish Captain or Parish Organiser has given the event organiser a minimum of 48 hours’ notice of non-participation.
- All games shall commence at 8.00pm.
- Pairs shall be nominated by the Captains before commencement of play, and each pair plays each of the opposing pairs.
- Start will be decided by an odds or even call, home team to ask, both numbers to count.
- Each Game will be 121 up, that is twice around the board, with 6 (SIX) dominoes per player, and shall be played to the dead hole regardless of the number of dominoes remaining.
- Players cannot peg out on their drop.
- Home team to remain seated; away team to rotate.
- Players must not comment on any matter relating to the game. The penalty for violating this rule is 8 points.
- Players will inspect their own dominoes before commencement of a match and may refuse to play with any they consider to be marked.
- Any player playing a domino that will not go at the end played but will go at the other end shall be allowed to replace it correctly.
- Any player playing a domino that will not go at either end will forfeit 8 holes from the front peg and all pegged off it and discard the domino.
- Any player playing incorrectly shall, at the discretion of the Captain, forfeit 4 holes from the back peg.
- Any player who has revoked during play shall discard the domino, forfeit all holes scored off it (if any) and peg 8 holes back.
- The Team that is drawn at Home is responsible for the Venue and Date of each Match to be played. They will contact the Away Team and fix the evening by giving THREE possible dates. THESE MUST NOT BE ON THE SAME DAY OF THE WEEK AND SHOULD PREFERABLY NOT BE IN THE SAME WEEK.
- After the first round, failure to comply with Rule 17 above within 10 days of the date by which the Match is due to be played will concede home advantage to the Away Team. The Away Captain will then arrange for the Match to be played by the due date.
- All matches must be played by the date shown on the draw sheet.
- Any Government rules re Covid in place at the time must be adhered to.
- The date of the Final will be arranged by the Event Organiser in conjunction with the two Captains and will take place on a mutually convenient date at a neutral venue.
- The Result is to be phoned, emailed or texted to the Event Organiser –Dennis Stanley – 01386 830176/07814 760468.
BY THE WINNING TEAM
NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS AFTER THE MATCH
- Any protest must be submitted by the Team Captain to the Secretary – Sue Collins – within SEVEN days of the match in dispute – contact details below.
|Hill & Moor (h)
|Wyre Piddle (a)
|Eve Bengworth (h)