THE PARISH GAMES
Organised by Wychavon Parish Games Association – Competition and Community Coming Together
MEN’S FIVE-A-SIDE FOOTBALL
Sponsored by Hasti-Brokers
tel: 07931 931128. firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 9th July 2023 at Badsey Recreation Club, Brewers Lane, Badsey, Evesham, WR11 7EU
Registration at 9.30am – Draw at 9.45 am
- A Team shall consist of Five to Eight named Players, with 5 playing at any one time.
Unlimited substitutions of the named Players are permitted.
- All Players must reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing. This is because it is an Inter-Parish Competition. Where a Player resides between more than one Wychavon Parish or Ward, they may only play for the Parish or Ward in which they predominantly reside. Appearing on the electoral roll for a Parish does not in itself constitute residency. If it is found that a Player does not reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing, all points gained by the team in that event will be forfeited.
- As per F.A. requirements: CAPTAINS MUST REGISTER ALL THEIR PLAYERS BEFORE THE DRAW. ANY PLAYER NOT REGISTERED BY THIS TIME WILL BE UNABLE TO PLAY. Registration consists of each player writing his name, full postal address (including post code), and date of birth on the match sheet and signing to confirm these details are correct. By signing the sheet, the player also confirms that he is medically able to take part and is doing so at his own risk. This match sheet must be handed to the Organiser before the competition starts.
- If a Parish or Ward has entered but does not then take part, the Parish or Ward will be deducted 2 points unless the Parish Captain or Parish Organiser has given the event organiser a minimum of 48 hours’ notice of non-participation.
- This competition is for males over 16 on the day of the event. Proof of age may be required.
- THIS EVENT WILL BE PLAYED UNDER FA RULES, AND ALL PLAYERS MUST COMPLY WITH THESE RULES. THESE RULES INCLUDE THE COMPULSORY WEARING OF SHIN PADS. PLAYERS NOT COMPLYING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE.
- A copy of the FA rules is available from Worcestershire Football Association Ltd, Claines Lane, Worcester WR3 7SS; 01905 827127. www.worcestershirefa.com.
- Please note that this event, although not going on all day, is unlikely to be finished by lunchtime. As there are only two pitches, players may have to wait some time before they play their first game.
- Duration of matches will be decided once the number of entries is known.
- Any Government rules re Covid in place at the time must be adhered to.
- There must be no more than the 8 registered players wearing their team kit at the venue at any point.
- Players are advised to take out their own personal injury insurance.
3 points for a win by 2 clear goals
2 points for a win normally
1 point for a draw
0 point for a loss
- In the event of a tie at the end of the group stage, placings will be decided by the number of goals scored; if there is still a tie, placings will be decided by the difference between the number of goals scored and the number of goals conceded.
- It is likely that teams will be split into two groups, with all players in each group playing each other. This will then be followed by play offs for all places. However, the exact format will be decided on the day, depending on the number of entries.
- Each Parish MUST provide a match ball.
- Any protest must be submitted by the Team Captain to the Secretary – Sue Collins – within SEVEN days of the event; contact details below.
Hill & Moor
Apologies: Pebworth and Upton Snodsbury