2023 Senior Table Tennis
THE PARISH GAMES
Organised by Wychavon Parish Games Association – Competition and Community Coming Together
SENIOR TABLE TENNIS
BESWICKS CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY CLEANING SERVICE
Sunday 9th October 2023 at St Egwin’s Middle School, Worcester Rd, Evesham
Registration at 9.30am – Prompt Start at 9.45 am
- A Team shall consist of a minimum of Two Players, who must be 14 or over on 01.01.2023.
- A player cannot play in both the Junior and the Senior Table Tennis events.
- All Players must reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing. This is because it is an Inter-Parish Competition. Where a Player resides between more than one Wychavon Parish or Ward, they may only play for the Parish or Ward in which they predominantly reside. Appearing on the electoral roll for a Parish does not in itself constitute residency. If it is found that a Player does not reside in the Parish or Ward they are representing, all points gained by the team in that event will be forfeited.
- Each Captain shall fill his/her Team in on the match sheet prior to the start. This must include the full postal address of each team player and must be handed to the Organiser before the competition starts.
- Each Match is made up of Four Singles and a Doubles, played in the order laid down on the result sheet. The same players must play in the two Singles events. Different players may play the Doubles.
- If a Parish or Ward has entered but does not then take part, the Parish or Ward will be deducted 2 points unless the Parish Captain or Parish Organiser has given the event organiser a minimum of 48 hours’ notice of non participation.
- If a Parish/Ward only has one Player, it may be possible to pair this player with an individual player from another Parish/Ward, with the Parishes/Wards sharing the points gained. However, Parishes/Wards may only do this for two consecutive years, after which they must field two players from their own Parish/Ward. Parishes/Wards must inform the Secretary in advance if they are likely to have only one player.
- If a Player is not present at the time his/her individual match is due to be played, the individual match will be forfeited.
- Each individual match will be the best of 5 games, 11-up.
- Table Tennis England approved Laws of Table Tennis will apply.
- The Umpire’s decision is final on all matters of fact.
- The balls used will be approved by Table Tennis England for the current season and will be white. The main colour of the playing clothes should be clearly different from that of the ball.
- BATS AND BALLS WILL BE PROVIDED, although players may use their own bats if they wish.
- Any Government rules re Covid in place at the time must be adhered to.
- Any protest must be submitted by the Team Captain to the Secretary – Sue Collins – within SEVEN days of the match in question.
Event Organiser: Ken Baker – 01386 832398